"Peace Comes From Within
Do Not Seek It Without" – Lord Buddha
Buddhism, one of the most popular religion in the world and is known all over the world for peaceful religion. There are numerous things that we can learn from the Buddhism especially important life lessons. Here are the top twelve important Life lessons one must learn from Buddhism.
- Always Start from SmallOne must always start from small things and just give up gaining the big
things at the start. And there is nothing to be regretful for starting small because
it is okay to start from small.
"Drop by Drop is the water pot filled" – Buddha
A wise man always gathers little by little and fills himself with goods. It can be found in the verse 122 of the Dhammapada.
- Forgiveness"The act of forgiveness takes place in our own mind. It really has
nothing to do with the other person." – Buddha.
Forgiveness has always been one of the important teachings taught by Buddha and Buddhism in the present world. One has to forgive oneself in their mind before starting to forgive others.
- Show Kindness to all"He who receives kindness should never forget it.
But he who performs it should never remember it."From what we learn from Buddhism is that one should be always kind to others and should never expect anything in return. But if we receive kindness from others we should never forget those kindness in the life and should be influenced to show kindness to others.
- Always seek to fully understand"In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased
striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves."
Whenever anger is going to overtake you, let yourself control the anger and try to seek others perspectives and understand them and then you can find peace within yourself.
- Try to let go of your fear" The whole secret of existence is to
have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the
moment you reject all help are you freed."Letting go of fear is one of the important lessons one must learn from
Buddhism. Let go of all fear that keeps you on bay from choosing the truth.
- Conquer Yourself"To conquer oneself is greater task than conquering others."
It may seems that if conquering thousands of people is greater task then you are mistaken. One must conquer oneself and trust it, it is far greater success than conquering others.
- Control your mind or Else"Since everything is reflection of our minds,
Everything can be changed by our minds."
Mind is an important part of us, human beings and mind is very powerful. One must control one's mind and through controlling one's mind, one can change everything i.e. their perspective, their thinking etc. Right Mind is very important in one's life and in Buddhism too.
- Always Live in Peace"Peace comes from within. Do not seek
- Admire One's Success "Do not be jealous of others’ good qualities, but out of admiration
adopt them yourself"
Never become jealous of others success, good qualities. Rather than being jealous, you should admire others and try to achieve those qualities and success walking in a true path.
- Let go of all Attachment"The Root of suffering is attachment."The above quote is the universal truths in Buddhism. The root of suffering,
pain, is attachment. One should let go of all the attachment in order to throw
the root of all suffering.
- Accept Failure"The only failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows."
One should always accept their failure then they can truly find inner peace. If one is unable to see their failure then they will truly fail in their lives also.
- Look for Peace Within yourself"Inner peace begins the moment you choose not to allow another person or event to control your emotions"Always live in peace and the moment you find inner peace and you can control your mind, your action, your emotions, your attachment.